ONE-DAY ART WORKSHOPS FOR BEGINNERS
PLEASE NOTE: I have taken maternity leave recently so will not be running any workshops in 2017. I'm hoping to be resuming them in 2018. If you'd like to be kept in the loop please sign up for my newsletter.
Think you simply can't draw? It's a gift you don't have and never will? Read on...
Naomi runs beginners' art workshops in Durham. Each class is a one-day workshop where you will learn some basic techniques that will give you the tools to create your own masterpiece. Drawing is the foundation of all art and once you've mastered a few basic techniques, you'll find drawing and painting in every medium that little bit easier. You will be given lots of hints of tips that you can take away and practice on your own. The beginners' workshop gives you an excellent foundation in drawing techniques.
"I really enjoyed the Beginners' Day; it was wonderful to return to something, after 20 years, that had once given me so much pleasure. I thought you created a relaxed atmosphere where everyone felt encouraged and I benefited from your guidance and instruction"
~ workshop participant
For updates on new workshops please keep checking this page. Alternatively, you could sign up to our mailing list
, like us on Facebook
or follow us on Twitter
TO BOOK. Don't forget to read the terms and conditions on this page before you book.
are available if you're unsure about what to choose for that special person!
Drawing for Beginners
- Introduction to materials
- Learning to see
- Basic line drawing
- Shading to show shape and tone
You will be given your very own drawing kit to take away!
Drawing for Intermediates
This workshop is designed to follow on from the beginners' session where you will learn further techniques.
Pastels for Beginners
- Getting familiar with pastels
Be prepared to get a little messy in this workshop! Although not compulsory, you may find the workshop more rewarding if you learn some basic techniques on the Drawing for Beginners workshop first.
NEW: Practice Sessions
If you have been on one of the workshops, you are welcome to attend again at a reduced rate. Bring along pictures to draw and benefit from feedback about your drawing throughout the day. £20 for the day including lunch and refreshments. Simply select the session you'd like to attend and tick the practice session option.
Pen and Inks for Beginners
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A full day workshop will run from 10.00am - 4.30pm with a break for lunch.
This year we are trying a new venue - Broom House Farm. This fantastic setting in the countryside with lots of artistic inspiration at your fingertips. There is plenty of parking, disabled access and superb facilities including a lovely café where we will have lunch.
Workshops will take place in:
The Cart Shed
Broom House Farm
BOOKING AND PAYMENTS
- The cost is £55 per person per class which includes all tuition, materials, lunch and refreshments.
- Once you have completed the online form on the booking page you are welcome to pay for the workshops by cheque, bank transfer or PayPal. Your acknowledgement email will explain these options.
CONFIRMATION AND CANCELLATION
- Each class has a maximum capacity of 12 places and a minimum of 6.
- Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of the full fee.
- If you cancel your place more than two weeks before the event, the full fee will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than two weeks but more than one week before the event, 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than a week before the event, 0% of the fee will be refunded.
- If the event is cancelled by us, we will offer you a place on another workshop or a full refund.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Refreshments including lunch will be provided. If you have any allergies or other dietary requirements, please tell us during the booking process.
- If you have any drawing pencils or equipment you would like to use, please do bring them along. If not, we will provide everything you need for the day.